Half Day Intensives:
- Behavioral health issues and patient motivation (+ 3 additional workshops)
- Dealing with integrated spiritual care and caring for caregivers (+ 4 additional workshops)
- Several workshops addressing oral health models.
- Robust track on Nuts-n-Bolts management issues (6 very practical workshops)
- Numerous workshops addressing the values that undergird faith-based healthcare, and how people are fleshing those out.
- Several workshops addressing cultural competency issues and highlighting health disparities and advocacy.
- Numerous workshops dealing with personal development as a disciple of Christ working in healthcare.
- Panels and presenters dealing with suffering, end of life issues, women¹s issues, personal and professional preparation for a Christ-driven mission in healthcare for the poor, among other topics.
- A couple workshops specifically deal with health education and wellness. One in particular highlights the work at Good Samaritan of Atlanta that empowers patients to take control of their own health.
Wednesday, May 7
6:00 - 7:30 pm, Volunteer Meeting
Thursday, May 8
10:00 - 7:00 pm, Registration
10:00 - 11:30 pm, Volunteer Meeting
1:00 - 5:00 pm, Intensive Track Sessions
2:00 - 3:30 pm, Volunteer Meeting
7:00 - 9:00 pm, Plenary 1, Eric Walsh, MD, DrPH: Director of Public Health for the City of Pasadena
Friday, May 9
8:00 - 8:45 am, Bible study with John Perkins
9:00 - 11:00 am, Plenary 2, Janelle Goetcheus, MD: Chief Medical Office of Unity Healthcare in Washington, DC
1:00 - 5:00 pm, Workshop Sessions
Saturday, May 10
8:00 - 8:45 am, Bible study
9:00 - 11:30 am, Workshop Sessions
1:00 - 2:30 pm, Plenary 3, Val Tramonte, MD: Falculty Physician for In His Image Family Medicine Residency in Tulsa